Dear Sacramento Region community,
It is with heavy and damp hearts that we have to cancel Sacramento’s Decompression scheduled for this weekend, October 29, 2016 at Nelson’s Grove, Woodland, CA.
Due to extensive rain the last few days leading up to the event, much of the event space has become unusable in the near term. Most notably, even 4WD vehicles are having trouble getting in and out of the event which means we can not set up the infrastructure to make the event happen. With the weather happening so close to the event we do not have an opportunity to secure another event space, file permits, and get insurance for a new event.
This morning the site was inspected by members of event team, DPW, GP&E, and Sacramento Valley Spark, our local Nonprofit who enables us to host events like this, and it was decided that we couldn’t perform a safe move in and set up of the event. This is even with heavy trucks, it would certainly not permit passage of passenger vehicles, 2WD trucks with trailers, RVs, or camping.
We will be issuing full refunds as soon as we can get that processed by the ticketing company, Brown Paper Tickets. More information regarding refunds will be forthcoming from the event organizers and Sacramento Valley Spark. We truly appreciate your support and patience as we navigate this process.
Spark the Dark, Sacramento Region Decompression, Event Team
Information on the event
- This will be a Burner Friendly Halloween event
- Family Friendly, under 18 must be accompanied by an adult (there will be ID checks and wristbands for those 21 and over)
- There are ample chances to get involved as a performer, artist, theme camp, or volunteer. Make sure to fill out the volunteer form to get more information.
- There will be an Effigy Burn
- Overnight camping available
- Got more event questions? Check out our FAQ’s here.
- For all things kids, from details on kid events to family reunite wristbands, check out the Kid Zone FAQ’s here.
Food Glorious Food!
- Mighty Coffee Truck 8am-12pm (serving delicious espresso, iced coffee teas, pastries and breakfast burritos)
- Ultra Crepes 2pm-2am (serving delicious dessert crepes as well as dinner crepes)
- Beer Vendor (Heritage Foundation – a local Yolo county non profit 501c3 dedicated to preserving the heritage of the Yolo County Fair)
-Camp GYST (Get Your Shit Together)
-7 Sins Lounge
-Freddy Fotog’s Photo Booth
-Fink yoU Freaky
-Dead Barbies and Bad Kindergartners Revenge Camp
-Merry Marmot Social Club
-Bettys Booty Boutique
-The Hangry Bishop
-Flatulence Amplification Research Team (F.A.R.T)
-Neon Chill Dome
-Barbie Death Camp (Playa Home Companion)
DJs and Sound Camps
Opulent Temple with their Opod and DJs
– DJ Hollis
– DJ Shaggy
– DJ Lurid
– Crowned Victoria
– House Junkie
– DJ Omega and many more….
⏩ TICKET INFO
Event Entry Fees and Details
Children 12 and under – FREE
Children 13 through 18 – Regular ticket pricing
18 and over – Regular ticket pricing
|Children (12 yrs and under)||FREE||– Children 12 and under are free.|
|Tier 1 (13 yrs and older)||$25(100 available)||– Regular ticket pricing|
|Tier 2 (13 yrs and older)||$30 (200 available)|
|Tier 3 (13 yrs and older)||$35 (300 available)|
|Tier 4 (13 yrs and older)||$40 (150 available)|
|Car Camping (per person)||$10 (300 available)||– Park and camp next to your car|
|RV/Trailer Spot||$60 (30 available)||– Limited electrical hook ups available. First come ~ First Serve. No additional fee.|
DISCLAIMER: “Neither Burning Man Project nor Black Rock City LLC is a producer or organizer of the Regional Event, and that Burning Man Project and Black Rock City LLC accept no liability arising out of or in connection with the Regional Event.”